Evan W. Bolla
Evan Bolla represents businesses and individuals in insurance coverage disputes, defends law firms and attorneys against legal malpractice and related claims, and represents both plaintiffs and defendants in state and federal court civil litigation. He has extensive experience identifying and addressing insurance coverage claims and successfully obtaining for his clients all available benefits of coverage. Using the knowledge learned from years of representing attorneys in malpractice and other cases against firms, he regularly advises law firms and attorneys on best practices. Mr. Bolla additionally advises and represents attorneys concerning issues surrounding transitioning firms. Mr. Bolla believes in identifying his clients’ goals and working tirelessly to achieve them.
Representative Matters include:
- Obtaining a significant insurance contribution toward the criminal defense of an attorney client despite the insurance carrier initially denying all coverage.
- Successfully settling a dispute between a former non-equity partner and his former firm regarding his departure and the transition of numerous clients.
- Obtaining a restraining order and positive settlement on behalf of a start-up investment company after two key employees departed with sensitive information and began work at a competitor.
- In Pace v. Raisman & Associates, Esqs., LLP, 95 A.D.3d 1185, (2d Dep’t 2012), Mr. Bolla successfully obtained appellate dismissal of legal malpractice and fraud claims against a law firm relating to the firm’s creation and management of an intentionally defective grantor trust.
- In WIN Radio Broad. Corp. v. Fletcher, Heald & Hildreth, PLC, 94 A.D.3d 985 (2d Dep’t 2012), Mr. Bolla obtain a pre-answer dismissal, affirmed on appeal, on behalf of a Virginia Law Firm which represented the plaintiff in connection with the purchase of a New York-based radio station.
- In Stuart v. Robert L. Folks & Associates, LLP, 106 A.D.3d 808 (2d Dep’t 2013), Mr. Bolla obtained pre-answer dismissal on legal malpractice and breach of contract claims brought against a law firm by a former client.
Mr. Bolla has also successfully represented accountants, building managers, insurance brokers, insurance providers and other professionals and businesses in civil disputes. He has additionally authored numerous successful appellate briefs. Due to his significant experience in and knowledge of New York State civil practice, Mr. Bolla also acts as local counsel in a variety of matters.
Mr. Bolla graduated cum laude from the American University, Washington D.C. He earned his juris doctor degree from the Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law – Yeshiva University where he was both a Dean’s Distinguished Scholar and Associate Editor of the Law Review. During law school, he interned for former Chief Southern District of New York Judge Kimba Wood. Mr. Bolla began his legal career in the Commercial Litigation and White Collar defense client service group of Bryan Cave LLP’s New York office. Prior to joining the firm, he worked for one of the nation’s premier legal malpractice defense firms.
Super Lawyers named him a Rising Star in 2015 and 2016.