Joseph Gallagher is an experienced, business-oriented litigator who delivers value to his clients. His practice focuses on disputes and counseling in the financial services industry, and on class action litigation. Mr. Gallagher represents individuals and corporations in state and federal courts, arbitration, mediation, in employment negotiations, and in regulatory matters. His practical approach to litigation routinely wins praise from clients and peers alike.
Some of his recent matters include:
- Successfully settling, via mediation, an entrepreneur’s multi-million-dollar partnership dispute with a Fortune 500 company over the value of their joint venture.
- Winning summary judgment in high-profile class action litigation against the City of New York relating to the Constitutional rights of taxi drivers.
- Representing a leading employee benefits company in breach of contract litigation with its primary lender.
- Advising a successful portfolio manager on the terms of his new employment contract and on navigating the departure from his prior fund.
- Counseling the court-appointed monitor of a global money services business on technical issues of compliance with anti-money laundering rules.
- Representing a whistleblower before the SEC, FINRA, and DOJ, and as part of the trial team in confidential arbitration against his former employer, a multinational financial institution.
- Representing a Fortune 100 company against one of its international suppliers in a dispute involving allegations of extortion and fraud.
Prior to joining Harris, St. Laurent & Chaudhry, Mr. Gallagher practiced at leading global law firms Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP and Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer US LLP.