A dynamic force in the criminal defense bar of New York, Priya Chaudhry is a partner of trial firm Harris, St. Laurent & Chaudhry LLP. With over 30 jury trials in her 18 years of practice in some of the nation’s most complicated and high-profile criminal cases, Ms. Chaudhry’s formidable career in criminal defense wins regular recognition.
Ms. Chaudhry aggressively, creatively, and intelligently defends her clients’ rights, regardless of the charges leveled against them. She has handled criminal matters from the most sophisticated white-collar cases to murder. She has represented individuals accused of crimes ranging from insider trading, money laundering, and securities fraud to homicide and narcotics violations. Ms. Chaudhry also represents individuals in parallel proceedings related to criminal allegations, such as FINRA, NYSE, and SEC actions. Her practice includes defense of students in allegations of college Title IX violations, and she has won complete acquittal after trial for her student clients. Ms. Chaudhry’s distinct reputation for her exceptional preparation of every case earns her great respect from the bench and her colleagues, as well as from her adversaries.
The forward-thinking attorney is a regular adjunct faculty member of the Intensive Trial Advocacy Program at Cardozo Law School, and has taught Intensive Trial Advocacy for Rutgers School of Law and for the New Jersey Public Defender. She is also a member (and served on the Board of Directors) of the New York Council of Defense Lawyers, and is a member of the White Collar Criminal Law Committee of the New York City Bar.
Before merging her federal criminal practice with Harris, St. Laurent & Chaudhry LLP, Ms. Chaudhry represented indigent clients in Seattle, and then worked for an elite Manhattan criminal defense boutique.
Ms. Chaudhry received her undergraduate degree from the University of California at Berkeley with High Honors and at the age of 23, was graduated from Northwestern University School of Law. She is admitted to practice in New York and in the United States District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York. She is fluent in Hindi and Urdu. Ms. Chaudhry has an undying love for the Cleveland Browns.
- Recognized Practitioner in the New York Litigation: White-Collar table by Chambers and Partners (2017).
- Super Lawyer of New York in Criminal Defense (2012-Present).
- One of the twelve Super Lawyers “Top Women” in Criminal Defense in New York (2012-Present).
- “Top 100 Trial Lawyers in New York,” The National Trial Lawyers.
- “Top 40 Under 40,” The National Trial Lawyers.
- “Nation’s Top One Percent”, The National Association of Distinguished Counsel.
- “10 Best Under 40,” The American Institute of Criminal Law Attorneys.
- “Crimes of Dishonesty: Perjury, False Statement, and Obstruction of Justice” in White Collar Crime: Business and Regulatory Offenses (2017).